The project is about exchanging materials about students themselves, their school, city and country. The materials will be presented in the language agreed with the partner school, which will develop students’ language competences. Then they will use the received information to make mathematical problems in form of crosswords, rebuses, mathematical riddles, etc. This will let them practise their mind and logical thinking.
Maths is a good way to overcome language barriers through its unique language of signs and symbols, which are known all over the world.
Thanks to realizing this project there will be multimedia mathematical entertainment made by kids for kids.
- Subjects: Environmental Education, European Studies, History, History of Culture, Informatics / ICT, Mathematics / Geometry
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 8 - 11
- Tools to be used: e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
Main aim of the project: Searching for mathematics in various fields of life and the surrounding world.
- developing... read moreMain aim of the project: Searching for mathematics in various fields of life and the surrounding world.
- developing team work skill abilities to cooperate with the another team,
- developing the skill of searching mathematics in natural, cultural, technical contents through creating the task in form of crosswords, rebuses, riddles and different on the basis of received information,
- developing the skill of gathering and sorting information on the given subject,
- developing communication skills in English with partner student group,
- learning about different cultures,
- developing the skill of recognizing similarities and cultural differences,
- arousing the ability to tolerate cultural variety, building the openness,
- introduction to using computer and different technical devices in contacts with the partner school and during classes.
- Work process:
- Expected results:
- working with the material about yourself, your school, city and country (in English)
- logging on and registration on Student... read more- working with the material about yourself, your school, city and country (in English)
- logging on and registration on Student Forum, exchanging information with students from Partner School
- establishing school e-mail box, exchanging e-mail addresses
- exchanging prepared materials via the Net, working with the received materials
- analyzing the received materials together with other schools, searching for similarities and differences between the countries
- creating a website
- making mathematical problems on the basis of the received material
- putting the mathematical problems on the website
- making a set of multimedia entertainment (together with the Partner School)
- preparing the set of multimedia entertainment on paper for students