There are numerous reasons that grandparents are special and so important in children's lives. Through this project we want to explore the grand grandparent - grandchild relationships.
Grandparents will be invited to our classrooms and they will share their skills, tales, stories, hobbies and traditions.
Pupils and their grandparents will have a great opportunity to spend time together, learn from each other – grandparents how to use modern technology, children find out more about culture and history.
Moreover, grandparents will teach their grandchildren some useful things and stay in touch with their grandchildren’s school –teachers and schoolmates.
• learn about old skills and hobbies
• find out about the life in the past time
• improve their ICT skills
• improve English skills
• develop story writing
• find out about the similarities and differences between the cultures
• share the richness of their own cultures
• be able to prepare questionnaire
• use Internet tools to create and publish their works e.g crosswords, quizzes, picture trials, puzzle makers, blabberize, ebook, storymaker, etc.
• encourage their grandparents to use ICT
• cooperate with pupils from other country
• cooperate with their grandparents
Invite Grandparets to the class to:
- celebrate Grandparents’ Day
- make things together e.g decorations
- to listen to their stories
- to interview
- to share their skills, experiences
- to introduce them a new technology
- draw portraits of their grandparents
- design houses for their grandparents
- interview their grandparents (using camcorder, microphone)
- make things with their grandparents e.g. cook, bake cakes, make decorations in order to learn from them
- create albums (photos, memories, pictures)
- write poems, stories and illustrate them
- create interactive crosswords, puzzles, quizzes, e-books, etc.
- make and share pictures, photos, videos
- play with their grandparents
Family ties will be strengthen.
Grandparents will be more familiar with their grandchildren’s school.
All gathered materials will be published on the twinspace.
Children and their grandparents will be familiar with a wide variety of ICT and Internet tools.
Children and Grandparents will play together taking quizzes, crosswords, puzzles and other tasks created and available on the twinspace.
- Subjects: Art, Citizenship, Cross Curricular, Drama, Music, Pre-school Subjects
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 5 - 12
- Tools to be used: Chat, MP3, Project Diary, Twinspace, Video conference
- to strengthen and develop relationship among grandkids and grandparents
- to strengthen and develop networking
between Polish and English schools
- Work process:
- discussing the tasks
- sharing the tasks
- gathering materials
- choosing the materials to publish
- Expected results:
The new knowledge about the life in the past, history, grandparents skills, hobbies in the past and now; Twinspace filled... read moreThe new knowledge about the life in the past, history, grandparents skills, hobbies in the past and now; Twinspace filled with ineteresting materials: videos, slideshares, articles in school newspapers and webpages hide