The main idea of this project is students to learn about culture and traditions of their country who are heritage and inexhaustible treasures of every nation, to acquire knowledge about the traditions of celebrating some customs and rites. Different or similar cultures, different or similar customs and very different or similar traditions. The traditional holiday calendar of every country is varied. There are many holidays characterized by the rich and many rituals.
- Subjects: Art, Cross Curricular, Drama, Foreign Languages, Geography, History of Culture, Informatics / ICT, Religion
- Languages: BG - EN
- Pupil's age: 14 - 16
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Web publishing
- To learn more about ways of celebrating holidays, about the beauty of traditional holidays, to recognize culture and traditions... read more- To learn more about ways of celebrating holidays, about the beauty of traditional holidays, to recognize culture and traditions in different countries;
- To establish communication between different cultures, to teach students about diversity, to get a knowledge about it, to accept it and to enlarge the personal view on our world;
- To enhance our students’ ICT skills and facilities;
- To raise language awareness.
Not only will the information help students get a deeper perspective on life and traditions, but also it will let them submerge into its spiritual mood.
- Work process:
Helping the students to get to know one another better, so introducing themselves, their families, town and country and spending... read moreHelping the students to get to know one another better, so introducing themselves, their families, town and country and spending weekends or free time.
Then we will concentrate on particular days:
- about traditional holidays that are popular only in one of the countries;
- Christmas (how people prepare for Christmas, and how they spend it);
- New Year’s Eve; Valentines, Easter, mother’s day, father’s day, etc..
Students will share files with partners, will preserve the beauty and value of their culture and traditions, will represent some of the most significant religious and national holidays celebrated from far-distant times up until the middle of 20th century. Gathering and exchanging information. The project will finish at the end of january. Then the project will be evaluated.
- Expected results:
We expect many songs, pictures, posters, presentations, movies, videos, stories, newsletters made by our children and exchanged by e-mail.
We... read moreWe expect many songs, pictures, posters, presentations, movies, videos, stories, newsletters made by our children and exchanged by e-mail.
We will make an exhibition in our school with the pictures, posters, stories, etc. received from e-mail from our parteners and we will put on twin blog. Posting their materials on the Twinspace they will learn more about culture and folk traditions in other countries. Also we expect students to improve their language, information and technology skills, to see the use of ICT for communication, information and learning.