At the beginning of the project all participants introduce their schools, towns, countries. Students create “giant postcards” featuring the most important landmarks which are sent to partner schools.
Each school prepares a project corner in their class or school public areas, where all postcards, flags, photos, etc., are presented.
The contest for the best logo of the project is announced. The best designs are presented in the TwinSpace and one is chosen by pupil votes.First steps
The first step of the project is introducing the idea of kaleidoscope as a symbol of richness and beauty of European countries. Students learn how a kaleidoscope works and to build their own optical device presenting the results to project partners.
The kaleidoscope of cultures is composed of such topics as: folklore, music, art, food, languages.Suggested Activities
• Students explore the folklore of their countries and regions, local and national dances, songs and costumes, for example they describe and discuss national cuisine, exchange recipes, learn basic words in different languages concerning food and create dishes to taste. Students also speak about their favourite food.
• Students celebrate international dance day by creating a common video – they choose the song, dance to it, record short videos, and then the videos are joined together.
• Students list their favourite modern music which they create together with the ranking lists
• They create together a mural. Each team publishes pictures which enhance all elements of their culture, famous landmarks, etc., they would like to be included in the multicultural mural.
• Each team creates own mural or a big poster at school.
During their activities students use the Twin Space for communication, speaking about their interests, hobbies, favourite places, food, music, sport.
You can also organise some videoconferences with the quizzes and guessing games on the topic of culture.