QED-online project is designed mostly in order to ensure a secure and easy to use online platform, for the partners in The Comenius Mutltilateral Partnership, "Quality, in Europe's Diversity!". Through this e-Twinning project, we will maintain a permanent and efficient communication between both teachers and students, we will publish educational content, and we will disseminate and exploit the results of our partnership.
- Subjects: Astronomy, Cross Curricular, Economics, European Studies, Home economics, Informatics / ICT, Mathematics / Geometry, Natural Sciences, Special Needs Education
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 12 - 19
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, Forum, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Project Diary, Twinspace, Video conference, Web publishing
This project is meant to help in the completion of general aims of the partnership "Quality, in Europe's diversity!" through... read moreThis project is meant to help in the completion of general aims of the partnership "Quality, in Europe's diversity!" through achieving specific aims, as:
- to improve the communicating skills in English language, especially in the Mathematics and Sciences domain;
- to share with the foreigner colleagues, their own maths knowledge, but also to exchange of good practices and cultural experiences;
- to learn about how are functioning educational systems, other than their own, with emphasis on learning and teaching maths;
- to discover new ways of learning of maths, including those which are using ICT and media equipment;
- to understand the relationship between maths and the other sciences, or between maths and the reality of life, economy and culture. hide
- Work process:
Being our main communication mode, this project will provide us two specific ways of communication:
1. The communication between partners, teachers... read moreBeing our main communication mode, this project will provide us two specific ways of communication:
1. The communication between partners, teachers and students, which may include: daily talks by chat or correspondences by e-mail, but also we will organize audio or video conferences;
2. The communication with general public through monthly publishing on the twinspace of the results of our purposed activities.
For the start, we will publish on the twinspace all the details of the QED Comenius partnership, including a detailed schedule with monthly activities; Then, we will work at our studies on the following themes: “Teaching mathematics in European vocational and technological education", "Teaching mathematics in European general and theoretical education", "Inclusive approaches in European Maths education including education for performance", "Complementary Maths education, after-school programs and Sunday schools in Europe". These themes will be completed in the first year of the project, and the result, comparative study "Teaching Maths around Europe" will be published in May 2012. Also in the first year, students will publish: description of their schools and towns in November 2011, Christmas cards and videos about Christmas in December 2011, tests and solved problems in January 2012. In the second year of partnership, teachers and students will participate in the following micro-projects: "Information and Communication Technology applied in Mathematics", "Applications of Mathematics in Science", "Maths applied in Economy and Entrepreneurship", "Cultural and Social Significance of Mathematics". Impressions of participants about micro-projects will be published in February 2013, and in April 2013 will be published the methodological guide "Cross-curricular approaches of teaching mathematics in secondary school". Also, after every partnership meeting, which will have place in Turkey - October 2011, Poland - May 2012, Germany - June 2012, Iceland - August 2012, Greece - September 2012, and Romania - June 2013, descriptions, impressions, photos and videos will be published on the twinspace. The project will be closed in August 2013 with an evaluation session. hide
- Expected results:
The main product of this project will be the QED-online public twinspace, where we will publish the results of all... read moreThe main product of this project will be the QED-online public twinspace, where we will publish the results of all our activities, including the comparative study "Teaching Maths around Europe" and the methodological guide "Cross-curricular approaches of teaching mathematics in secondary school", but also students’ products – articles, maths tests and solved problems, cards, photos and videos.