Schools from United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, Norway, Spain and Turkey will organise a project about the celebration of national ‘special days’ or festivals nominated by each school and community.
As a stimulus to get to know each other, children will produce a ‘treasure box’ for each school containing artefacts, information, and music etc. about the school and its environment. Each school and its community will take regular opportunities to discuss and experience what is found in each box.
As the first year continues, we will exchange information and vocabulary concerning each institution’s national festivals and special days. In the second year, all the project schools will celebrate each other’s days. We will use ICT to provide each other with necessary information about our celebrations.
Towards the end of the project, we will work together to produce a calendar demonstrating the rich range of activities, experiences and celebrations, alongside appropriate vocabulary, that serves as a valuable learning resource.
This European dimension to the curriculum and by getting to know the EU, multicultural understanding between European Citizens will raise the aspirations of the communities and act as an example of how enjoyable and creative learning in cooperation and friendship can really be.
- Subjects: Cross Curricular, Foreign Languages, Primary School Subjects
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 4 - 11
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Video conference, Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
- Aims: Foreign Language Awareness
The following concrete objectives will address the development of learning and teaching a modern foreign language in an... read more
- Work process: Send each partner school a collection of information and cultural artefacts; “The European Treasure Box” to be shared with the... read more
- Expected results: Participating Organisations: The calendar and associated material and experiences created and recorded by the pupils of the participating organisations will... read more