“The future is wide open” – words referring to a song by Tom Petty, which reflect the ideas of our teenage pupils whose life is full of plans - and sometimes so complicated. Although there can be disappointment and sad moments, most of them think positive about their personal development.
After our pupils had introduced themselves, their school and their hometown we want to share more personal thoughts and feelings. Everybody has his or her personal favourites, e.g. a favourite colour which is associated not only to objects but also to emotions. The red rose which is given to someone stands for deep feelings, yellow as a colour makes us think of warm sunshine, and these are just two common examples, what personal ideas might come into someone´s mind. What are your thoughts while looking at a colourful rainbow in front of a dark sky? And a clear blue sky might evoke memories of a wonderful summer holiday, a thunderstorm the one of a bad argument.....
By sharing their experiences and comparing their associations they will not only improve their foreign language knowledge, but they will also find out about cultural similarities and dissimilarities. This may lead them to a better understanding of other cultures which will help them to lose prejudices and to tolerate and accept differences and might even make them become friends.
- Materie: Arte, Geografia, Informatica / TIC, Lingue Straniere
- Lingue: EN
- Età degli studenti: 12 - 15
- Strumenti da usare: Altri software (PowerPoint, video, foto e disegni), Ambienti di apprendimento virtuale (comunità, aule virtuali …), Chat, Diario del progetto, email, Forum, TwinSpace, Videconferenza
- Obiettivi: Sharing experiences, finding out about similarities and dissimilarities, improving foreign language knowledge, ICT skills and intercultural competencies, attempt to bring... per saperne di più
- Procedura di lavoro: Introduction/basic presentations of school/region, group forming, developing and sharing ideas by various means of communication, regular email exchange about the... per saperne di più
- Risultati attesi: Improved foreign language knowledge, improved ICT skills especially for foreign language students with little ICT experience/knowledge, strengthening of social competencies,... per saperne di più