The theme of the project “Culture in our Hands” shows the connection between regional culture and manual skills.
In all participant countries you can find traditional forms which come only from this region. It shows us the diversity of regional culture in Europe.
We chose handicraft for traditional wedding in Turkey, traditional pottery in Spain, traditional recipes and basketry in Poland, wooden work in Slovenia, traditional songs and instruments in Italy, nature painting and old games in Sweden, the “Worpsweder painting”, peat boats and weaving in Germany,.
At first the pupils have to find them out. They exchange their knowledge about by e-mails and compare it with their partners. Cultural maps will widen by photos.
Pupils have to shape objects related on the regional culture.
Tradition should be animation for the present. The results of pupils work are not only copies of old patterns. The pupils are motivated to find own creative forms.
During they work they learn about their own history of their region and to identify with it.
In the subjects Art, Craft, Music, History, Geography , English and Informatics they work with head and hand.
The results of the project will be a collection of letters, textures, photos and pictures about all activities in a portfolio. Also sculptures or other objects (wall paintings, peat boat, charms, woven fabrics, recipe collection, picture book, DVD and photo presentation) will exist at the end of the project.
During the meetings the pupils work at common tasks like a wall picture, cooking, weaving, wooden work, photo presentation, picture book .These results will be preserved at the school and remember the cooperation of the European
- Materie: Arte, Cross Curricular, Design e Tecnologia, Geografia, Lingue Straniere, Musica, Storia, Storia della Cultura
- Lingue: EN
- Età degli studenti: 11 - 15
- Strumenti da usare: Altri software (PowerPoint, video, foto e disegni), email, Pubblicazione su Web
- Obiettivi: With our project "Culture in our Hands" we start a partnership with other European schools. We want to show the... per saperne di più
- Procedura di lavoro: Aug./Sept.2010 Write welcome letters to get to know each other.
Until Oct.2010 Prepared portfolio for collecting the material over the time... per saperne di più
- Risultati attesi: After the end of our project „Culture in our hands” we expect for our pupils
that they get to know... per saperne di più