The project concentrates on creating a theme-organised picture dictionary in which every word is translated into the languages of the participants of the project. Every two months are devoted to one of the topics – one part of the dictionary. The work on every part will comprise a few stages. First, students will prepare pictures using computer programs such as Paint, cliparts from MsOffice, gifs from the Internet, autoshapes or make their own drawings. Next, they will write the words describing each picture in their national language as well as in English. In the next stage students will prepare a presentation of the pictures. If students are able to do that, they can use Windows Movie Maker so as to make short films with the sound recored to present the pronunciation of the word in both languages. In addition, a variety of tasks will be prepared to accompany the parts of the dictionary to help students practise and revise the new vocabulary. All the materials will be gathered together (for example in Power Point presentations) and put on the eTwinning platform TWINSPACE and sent to partners via e-mail. The project is aimed at students aged 6-13. As a result, the level and complexity of all tasks will be adjusted to their skills and abilities. The teachers working with the groups taking part in the project will inform each other about the scope of the vocabulary they are currently working on so as to make sure that all groups are dealing with the same material. The final product of the project will be a CD with a picture-and-word dictionary in English and national languages of the participants covering the following range of topics: appearance, Christmas, seasons of the year, toys, food, animals, jobs, feelings.
- Materie: Arte, Geografia, Informatica / TIC, Lingue Straniere, Materie per la scuola primaria, Materie Scuola dell'infanzia, Media, Musica, Scienze Naturali
- Lingue: EN
- Età degli studenti: 6 - 13
- Strumenti da usare: Altri software (PowerPoint, video, foto e disegni), email, MP3
- Obiettivi: 1. Developing students' ability to communicate in English by dealing with tasks that require cooperation with students who do not... per saperne di più
- Procedura di lavoro: 1. Students get familiar with the idea of eTwinning, the rules of the project and the Internet tools. 2. Students... per saperne di più
- Risultati attesi: 1. Students will develop their ability to use English in real-life situations with their peers from different countries; 2. Students... per saperne di più