Promoting social, historical and cultural values, MOSAIC brings EU pupils together through intercultural dialogue based on study of historic and cultural inheritance, and intercultural dialogue brings to fostering European identity and active citizenship. In the project participate schools from 9 countries – St. Anna Instituut, Belgium (Eeklo), 2ο Πειραματικό Γυμνάσιο Αθηνών, Greece (Athens), OMO Scholengroep Bergen op Zoom e.o, Holland (Bergen op Zoom), Istituto Tecnico Commerciale e Linguistico Statale “Marco Polo”, Italy (Bari), Istituto Superiore Artistico “A. Passaglia”, Italy, (Lucca), Escola EB 2,3 João Afonso de Aveiro, Portugal (Aveiro), Instituto de Educación Secundaria “Jerónimo Zurita”, Spain (Zaragosa), Darlington Education Village Federation, UK (Darlington) and the coordinator is Lyceum Artis, Bulgaria (Sofia).
Through "The 7 Wonders of our city" (cultural-historic monuments, chosen by the each school) pupils introduce their identity (culture, history, social life) to the partners and respectively – learn about theirs. All this happens via challenging race (solving and following cultural riddles) in search of clues hidden throughout the 7 Wonders - pieces of the mosaic which is finally to be arranged and artistically interpreted. Visiting each of the seven monuments of cultural and historic inheritance in our city the students make pictures of them which would be exhibited in special expositions in their own cities and will introduce the rich history and the beauties of our city throughout Europe.
Education through personal merge in diversity/similarity of EU cultural-historic inheritance brings for building up pupils' character and team-work habit, development of key competences, competitiveness and motivation. Introducing the eternal values through the idea of 7 Wonders, MOSAIC helps pupils enjoy better life as active European citizens.
We would like to share our results from this project with eTwinning school community and allow other schools joins us via internet.
- Subjects: Art, Citizenship, Classical Languages (Latin & Greek), Cross Curricular, Foreign Languages, History, History of Culture, Informatics / ICT, Media Education, Politics, Religion, Social Studies / Sociology, Technology
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 10 - 18
- Tools to be used: e-mail, Forum, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
- Aims: 1. Active involvement stimulated by cultural inheritance and its messages.
2. Development of key competences and LLL continuum, artistic and... read more
- Work process: 1. Use of cultural-historic inheritance in educational context for development of ethical and steady valuable system.
2. Mastering and improvement of... read more
- Expected results: The project promotes awareness of the importance of cultural and linguistic diversity within Europe and brings for tolerance and need... read more