Children will get to know more about life in their partner school's country. It will be introduced in the form of a challenge - 'We have been asked to help our partner school with some English'. An honorary class member - a soft toy - will be sent to do some investigating what life is like in the other school. Topics will then be exchanged as the project develops, integrating into different curricular areas. This fits in with the Scottish 'Curriculum for Excellence'. Other partners will also be participating. A blog would be used to keep partners informed as well as the exchange of e-mails Powerpoints etc.
- Subjects: Art, Cross Curricular, Environmental Education, Foreign Languages, Geography, Informatics / ICT, Media Education, Primary School Subjects
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 6 - 8
- Tools to be used: e-mail, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Web publishing
- Aims: To improve the children's communication skills by using ICT and furthering their knowledge about children of their age in other... read more
- Work process: A blog would be used to keep partners informed as well as the exchange of e-mails, Powerpoints, photos etc. using... read more
- Expected results: Children will help children to understand more about the other countries; they will improve their ICT skills; they will learn... read more