Our project will focus on interesting and/or famous buildings (temples, palaces, auberges, cathedrals…) in our respective countries. We will accompany the children on site, were they will take photos and videos using a digital camera and a video camera. At school children will use the internet to find information about these buildings. We will use all our information on a powerpoint and send it to our partner school. This will help us learn about each other’s culture and history. At the end of the project, we will put up our work in a booklet using Microsoft Office Publisher. This will be available in both electronic and hard format. In this way, the children will be able to keep the booklet as a reminder of their project and their school years.
- Subjects: Geography, History, History of Culture, Religion, Social Studies / Sociology
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 7 - 9
- Tools to be used: e-mail, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Video conference, Web publishing
- Aims: The aims of the project are: to instil in the the children a love for culture and history; to help... read more
- Work process: The children will start their correspondence by introducing themselves. They will send emails to their partner friends about themselves, their... read more
- Expected results: The children will become familiar with the computer, modern technology and all the techniques involved to present a project.