Christmas, one of the greatest Christian religious holidays, is expected equally to children and parents. In this time of year everyone is trying to be better, to give back something to the people around, trying to make a child happy, to erase the suffering of someone's face. My project idea, Christmas - time of joy and understanding, is to create lasting ties, a bridge of friendship between different cultures in Europe, to know and understand the traditions of our colleagues in other countries, remove any existing preconception about other religions. Also would be interesting to talk about how Christmas is celebrated in other parts of Europe, if they are similar festivals in other religions. I hope that this project will lead to a better understanding between people, to create peace between them and, most importantly, to find friends anywhere in Europe.
- Subjects: Citizenship, History of Culture, Music
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 6 - 14
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Web publishing
- Aims: 1. To reach other cultures and understand them.
2. To contribute human peace
3. To improve their foreign language
4. To destroy the... read more
- Work process: Traditional carols, CDs, postcards, power point presentations or media, email, clips, etc
- Expected results: 1.Brotherhood between us and other countries
2.Increased knowledge about Christmas in Europe
3.Shared common points in different cultures
4.Contribution for human peace
5.Happiness on... read more