The involvement of 5 individual students from 5 different European countries will form a band and collaborate on writing a song and the music for that song. The students will take ownership of the project and discuss their ideas and make comments on the blog already set up. Students will use a variety of ICT tools. The project is to be directed by the staff in each school. Students will discuss the theme of their song, how the music will be written, if they choose to play instruments or whether they will use pre-recorded sounds.
The project will remain flexible for students to adapt to suit their own working styles.
- Subjects: Cross Curricular, Informatics / ICT, Music
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 13 - 16
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, Forum, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Video conference, Web publishing
- Aims: To create a song for Europe by forming a virtual band. To improve collaboration, decision making and management skills. To... read more
- Work process: All student will contribute by writing lyrics, discussing ideas via email and web conference (Flashmeeting). Students will introduce themselves and... read more
- Expected results: Production of a song, with music and examples of the processes to acheive this. Possibility that the song could be... read more