In many counries children have an Advent calendar for waiting for Christmas:
“An Advent calendar is a special calendar which is used to count or celebrate the days of Advent in anticipation of Christmas. … Today, most Advent calendars are made for children. Many take the form of a large rectangular card with "windows" of which there are often 24; one for each day of December leading up to Christmas Day. One is opened every day during Advent. In many of these calendars, each window opens to reveal an image, a poem, or a portion of a story such as the story of the Nativity of Jesus. More elaborate Advent calendars have a small gift concealed in each window, such as a toy or a chocolate item.” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_calendar 29.09.2011)
The idea of this project is to create an international online Advent calendar. From the first to the 24nd of December the children can open every day a new “door” filled with input from one of the partner schools. Schools/ children can decide what they will add:
For example: a painted pictures, a recorded song, a video with a small drama, a photo story how to handicraft something … Many ideas can come up.
6 partners – every partner Is responsible for 4 days.
In December children/partners work on the different ways how they celebrate christmas in their countries. They prepare some information about and share it in twinspace. Every partners sends (minimum) one Christmas new year card to all other schools.
- Subjects: Art, Cross Curricular, Foreign Languages, Music, Primary School Subjects
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 6 - 14
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Twinspace
- Aims: To know and respect about other cultures and to show the children the joy and need of being curious for... read more
- Work process: All fillings must be ready before the 1st of December. and uploaded or linked to twinspace. Communication with twinspace and... read more
- Expected results: An online advents calender with pictures, drawings, songs, videos ….
Short information about Christmas family traditions in the countries. (english)
Christmas... read more