Motto : “a rainbow nation at peace with itself and the world” Nelson Mandela
How about joining our “Rainbow village” where students from France, Greece, Italy, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Slovakia and the United Kingdom will learn to live together and share their experiences. The languages used will be English and French.
Through the etwinning platform, students will first get to know each other, discuss every day life topics and compare their customs with their European counterparts.
This data will then be used to create a virtual village that will be a "mixture" of cultures where students will 1) assume new identities (physical description, character, likes and dislikes ...), 2) write a physical description of their ideal village, 3) decide upon an emblem, a national anthem and common laws. Events could take place in this village and the participants will react to them and thus interact. Their creation will be collected in a blog specially designed for the project. The students could communicate through either emails or videoconferencing. In parallel, specially designed teaching material will be made available for the students (with a special focus on the teaching of cognitive and metacognitive strategies) on a learning platform at Nancy university or on the virtual etwinning space. Finally, the teachers and students will share their impressions of the project.
Visit our blog : http://therainbowvillageproject.blogspot.com/
- Subjects: Art, Cross Curricular, Environmental Education, Foreign Languages, Informatics / ICT, Music
- Languages: EN - FR
- Pupil's age: 11 - 15
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Project Diary, Twinspace, Video conference, Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
- Aims: Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this project are manifold :
- to develop the students' intercultural... read more
- Work process: Work process
There are to be several steps that will run abreast in this project :
step 1 :
On the etwinning platform... read more
- Expected results: Expected results
- creation of a blog describing their “rainbow village”
- publishing of the material produced on a blog
- publishing of... read more