The project “Creating sustainable schools” aims to promote sustainable development in schools. Nine European schools from Cyprus, Finland, Greece, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Poland and Romania will carry out some joint activities, which will promote the following main issues of sustainable schools: (a) restructuring the surroundings of the school, (b) consumerism and reducing waste, (c) nutrition and (d) travel, traffic and climate change. Each issue will be examined for a whole term. Each year, there will be four meetings in order to find out whether the objectives of the main issues examined were met, and to organize the activities for the following term. Activities such as organizing informative campaigns, recycling paper, CO2 footprint and promotion of traditional products are some of the joint activities that are going to be carried out by all schools. Each school plans to involve the parents of the students and the local community to the whole process of the project.
- Subjects: Art, Design and Technology, Environmental Education, European Studies, Foreign Languages, Geography, Health Studies, History, Home economics, Informatics / ICT, Language and Literature, Media Education, Natural Sciences, Primary School Subjects, Social Studies / Sociology, Technology
- Languages: EL - EN
- Pupil's age: 6 - 12
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Web publishing
- Aims: 1. Encourage communication, active participation, intercultural knowledge among the students and the teachers involved in the project.
2. Ensure the active... read more
- Work process: The Cypriot school will be the coordinator of the partnership. The rest eight schools will be the project partners. The... read more
- Expected results: 10/2008
(a) A DVD where each institution will present its school life.
(b) Final logos – they will be used in the... read more