The project "EUROPESCO" is to fulfill the function of gaining a many-sided knowledge about places of exceptional beauty, of cultural, historical or scientific importance, subject to special protection, owned by all nations regardless of nationality and inscribed on the UNESCO list of World Cultural and Natural Heritage.
The idea for a topic, related to the UNESCO list was created in the course of the ongoing project "Let’s Promote and Share the Beauty of our Region." Visited places have inspired us to examine not only the beautiful regions of the country but in particular to search for places of unforgettable and unique beauty and significance.
The core of the project is to make both the students and teachers aware of how important for future generations such places are, how much care and respect they require.
After all they have been the legacy of the mankind since the beginning of its existence.
In this way the students will deepen their knowledge not only about this type of places in their own country but also in partners’ countries.
They will get acquainted with the European heritage, gaining knowledge of other countries. To achieve these objectives a number of general subjects will be involved and key skills developed. Students, who are the driving force of our project are to develop links between the educational and scientific environments by establishing contacts with the organizations of the World Heritage Convention.
Schools will cooperate with each other which improve the quality of work and the effects of learning.
Working within the framework of the project will, through the development of methods and tools, make it possible to build a database of materials for use in various schools and institutions.
- Subjects: Art, Citizenship, Cross Curricular, Environmental Education, European Studies, Foreign Languages, Geography, History, History of Culture, Informatics / ICT, Language and Literature, Natural Sciences
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 15 - 19
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Twinspace, Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
- Aims: THE MAIN OBJECTIVES
1.to raise the awareness of the importance of Europe's cultural heritage and to show the beauty of... read more
- Work process: As a result of consultations on the stage of project planning all the tasks were distributed to the partners’ schools... read more
- Expected results: a project webpage;
an e-book with legends;
a picture dictionary;
a suggested list of future Unesco sites;