This project proposes an approach on reading by sharing reading experiences, doing podcasts on selected stories, authors’ biographies and illustrations. Teamwork is the key to this collaborative project. Each pupil will be part of a multicultural team and they will share a common story which shall be selected randomly by a teacher. Schools must select common story books from their school libraries. Using a mind map they will outline the story main features. A survey will be applied at the beginning and at the end of the project to assess the results on the reading motivation.
- Subjects: Art, Citizenship, Cross Curricular, Drama, Ethics, Foreign Languages, Geography, History, History of Culture, Informatics / ICT, Language and Literature, Music, Primary School Subjects
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 6 - 11
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Project Diary, Twinspace, Video conference, Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
- Aims: This project is aimed to improve reading habits, enhance communicative skills in L2, reinforce schools libraries role in the learning... read more
- Work process: Step1: Pupils will share information about their hometown, school, culture and favourite country writer through PowerPoint presentations or other online... read more
- Expected results: Creating collaborative network reading clubs using interactive mindmaps, multicultural teamwork in podcasts design. Improvement in reading, speaking, writing and listening... read more