With this project, “Travelling through the seas of Europe,” we try to educate our students about the importance of our seas and encourage them to think of different ways that we can appreciate and protect our seas for the future.
The project involves learning about the various seas of Europe: history, geography, legends, the influence of the sea, resources, communication, environment, living things and their relationships, problems and precautions relating to the pollution of these valuable treasures, culture, music and more. At the same time we need to create a consciousness that is sensitive to the formation of, and contribution towards, a sustainable environment with the seas ... in the end bring the sea to our schools and utilize it as a motivating element in education.
We will use an education line based on the story of the sardine traveler "ENIDRAS" who wants to learn many things about the seas of Europe and who will teach us, on each imaginary trip, a variety of fun sequences.
Several schools in Europe, near the coast, have come together in this project to encourage students from 3 to 12 years old to work and learn together, utilizing new technologies to obtain information for the project, and looking for improved communication through English, ultimately finding similarities and differences through the comparison and exchange of information.
Each country will focus on one of the thematic blocks which will comprise the various activities carried out by all of the countries: 1. Many seas and one Europe, 2. A sea of stories, 3. A sea of cultures, 4. A sea of education, 5. A sea of light and 6. A sea of music
Furthermore, the project also aims at improving the communication skills of students and teachers to promote educational exchanges between schools in Europe. When students realize the importance of our oceans for the future of Europe, it will help to promote tolerance and understanding amongst nations.
The project will also focus on "best practices" with the incorporation of habits, attitudes, behaviors, etc. For a better European education, with the participation of all elements of society and the educational community, seeking cooperation and exchange of good practices in education in order to improve its quality.
- Subjects: Citizenship, Drama, Environmental Education, Foreign Languages, Media Education, Music, Natural Sciences, Pre-school Subjects, Primary School Subjects
- Languages: EN - ES - FR
- Pupil's age: 3 - 11
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Video conference, Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
- Aims: Our interest is to work in a Comenius multilateral partnership to achieve the following objectives:
• Improve the quality of the... read more
- Work process: The coordinating school of the project will oversee the work and promote the participation of each school by maintaining permanent... read more
- Expected results: DIGITAL BOOK ENIDRAS SARDINE
ON THE SEA WALL
COLLECTION OF SHELLS
CURRICULUM TEACHING SHEETS
BLOG: THE SEAS OF EUROPE