Our blog is: http://dys-socialexclusion.blogspot.com
Our twinblog is: http://twinblog.etwinning.net/24870/
Our twinspace is: http://new-twinspace.etwinning.net/web/p34086/welcome
At start of each school year, the aspiration of parents and teachers is the children successful acquisition of skills and abilities needed to ensure a smooth and creative educational course and a significant school performance.
Teachers, however, find every day that children nowadays do not have the same learning ability in school. It is estimated that more than 10% of European children are affected by "dys-"type disorders, including dysphasia, dyspraxia, attention deficit disorder and dyslexia. Many children show no interest in their courses, do not have the ability to overcome the difficulties, concentrate, control their impulsive tendencies and be organized and responsible for their behavior to others and to themselves. These children are not sick, just showing some developmental disorders of speech, difficulty reading and writing, have learning difficulties, especially dyslexia. They have problems of low self-esteem and antisocial behavior. Teachers know that these children need special treat and help.
As children with learning disabilities are often victims of social exclusion, the aim of our project is to encourage the recognition of "dys-"type problem (mainly dyslexia) and find ways to tackle social exclusion often faced.
Keywords: Dyslexia, poverty, social exclusion
- Subjects: Art, Informatics / ICT, Law, Politics, Psychology, Special Needs Education
- Languages: EL - EN - FR
- Pupil's age: 15 - 19
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Video conference, Web publishing
- Aims: Pupils and teachers will work in groups and collaboratively on the project to encourage parents and students of our schools... read more
- Work process: Students work in groups, share ideas and develop proposals, staffed by four groups (Plan of action and coordination (I), Questionnaires,... read more
- Expected results: Ø Project planning and deadlines
Ø posters, drawings, presentations (slide show, video, web pages)
Ø Questionnaires and analysis
Ø Photos, videos of the... read more