Students taking part in the project are working in groups in France, Spain, Romania and Greece, introducing themselves to the others, describing their family, the school environment and the educational system, discussing about their region and their city (architecture, houses within the sustainable development context, civilization, culture). They exchange ideas, suggestions, opinions, plans, designs, and images using IC tools.
Students in their countries surf on the WWW and look for material concerning the above subjects. They make crossword puzzles, riddles and diagrams trying to communicate and explain their customs, their interests, their hobbies and whatever they think their future will be like. They study, comment and publish the thoughts and the opinions of their collaborators about studies at University or job via blogs, power-point presentations and web pages.
• Who am I?
• How it is my family and my house?
• What is my school, the educational system, post compulsory education like?
• What is my town like? (Architecture and environment)
• Which are my interests, hobbies, ambitions (studies and job)
• Entertainment, customs, life style.
As an answer to the above themes
• The students will exchange images, photos, videos and texts. They will express their existing situation and they will dream their future.
• By working on the Internet and using ICT tools with the partners from other countries they will also realize the universal character of the Internet and its power.
- Subjects: Cross Curricular, Environmental Education, Foreign Languages, Informatics / ICT, Social Studies / Sociology
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 16 - 19
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Web publishing
a. To get a new view of the world around us
b. To empower young people with tools, the knowledge and... read morea. To get a new view of the world around us
b. To empower young people with tools, the knowledge and skills they need to communicate in the future world
c. To deepen the relations among the European young people
d. To create background for further educational plans
e. To improve the command of English language
f. To be familiar enough with modern IC collaborative tools and to improve their use through developing blogs, WebPages or Power-Point Presentations
g. To experiment with new learning methodologies
h. To learn how to work in international teams
i. To know the cities, the schools, the likes and the dislikes of our partners and exchange ideas about the way young people live
j. To develop critical thought and explore the European perspective
k. To exchange information about cultural differences and similarities
l. To obtain intercultural knowledge, experience and computer literacy
m. To make friends in another country and, if it is possible, visit their cities. hide
- Work process:
- Expected results: • Work plans, schedules and procedures
• Blogs, Presentations and web pages
• Pictures or videos from the work process