Hotel- and catering schools are working together in order to create a template for making a business plan for a restaurant and a hotel
During the first project year the template and accompanying forms will be made, during the second project year this template will be piloted by every partner by setting up a business plan for a restaurant in their region.
The partners will pilot this business plan template for setting up a restaurant by making a menu and wine list, doing cost calculations, competition checks and guest analyses, setting up a promotion plan, investments to start this restaurant, staff and staff costs, budgeting general expenses, legal form of the organization, administration to open a restaurant, insurances…
During a student and teacher exchange they will make a presentation of this business plan and discuss it with the partner.
During the exchange the receiving and visiting partner(s) will make a promotional stand about the school, the region and the local specialities. They will also present the example of the business plan they made. Guests during this event are local community, parents, press etc…
As making a business plan is part of the curriculum in hotel- and catering schools it can be used and added to the curriculum.
The end product of this project will be:
- A website with the template in order to set up a business plan for a restaurant (inclusive a lot of forms)
- A practical example made by each partner of this business plan.
The project is open for all vocational and technical hotel- and/or catering schools. Age of the students involved: 16 years and older.
- Subjects: Citizenship, Economics, Informatics / ICT, Technology
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 16 - 20
- Tools to be used: e-mail, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
- Aims: Students
- better insight in practical applications of the subject
- being more open minded towards other languages and cultures
- better, faster... read more
- Work process: November 2010: Preparatory visit in Belgium with partners in order to make up the pallication
End of January 2011: application is... read more
- Expected results: - On-line template to create a business plan for setting up a restaurant
- practical exemples of all participating countries of... read more