Starting from a research on their own cultural traditions, students and teachers write, adapt and rehearse a stage play in English, also including music and dance. National myths, legends, folk tales are taken to the stage and performed at one of the partner schools during the students visits. That final performance is the last step of a common task, in which a sense of cooperative work is developed among the partners.
Let’s use traditions as a means of knowing and living each other’s culture, setting up a bridge for mutual understanding and opening a wide gate for tolerance.
- Subjects: Drama, Foreign Languages, History, Language and Literature, Music
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 11 - 15
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Web publishing
- Aims: Using drama as a tool for mutual understanding. Using English as a tool for communication, without excluding a basic knowledge... read more
- Work process: Prior to the performances and parallel to the work on drama, both ITC technologies and ordinary mail are used on... read more
- Expected results: A deeper understanding of each other’s culture. A better use of English as an international communication language. A greater personal... read more