The project is part of both compulsory and optional activities in the Language and Geography classrooms and out of them.It aims at making students more confident when using the foreign language,creating opportunities for real-life discussions and talks, establishing cross-cultural links and broadening students` minds in general.Members of each team will be divided into three groups and given separate assignments according to their interests. Assignments would consist of a survey on one of the following topics : Five Little-known Places of Interest; Five traditions/rituals/customs;Five similar,yet different dishes and then make a leaflet ,comparing findings.The final product / a brochure/ will include all the leaflets under separate headings.
- Subjects: Foreign Languages, Geography, History of Culture
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 14 - 18
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Video conference, Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...)
- Aims: To help young people acquire basic life skills and competences; enhance motivation for learning;encourage language learning;reinforce creativity;develop knowledge and understanding... read more
- Work process: 1.Getting acquainted - students introduce themselves.
2.Discussion of topics and dividing teams into groups.
4.Making the brochure
- Expected results: By the end of the project students should have learned to : pay due respect to all the cultural differences,cherish... read more