As our pupils are too young for a student exchange, we decided to send teddy bears on a holiday to explore foreign countries for them.
So Paulchen, the German teddy bear, will go to a class in Italy where the pupils will show him where and how they live. He will experience everyday life at school and in the families. After a few weeks the teddy bear will return to Germany with his diary which his Italian hosts will have filled with lots of photos and information (about school, family, traditions, food, hobbies, etc.).
The German class will have done the same with the Italian mascot.
Paulchen, the teddy bear, will travel to some more schools during this school term (England, Poland, ...).
- Subjects: Art, Cross Curricular, European Studies, Foreign Languages, Geography, Primary School Subjects
- Languages: DE - EN - IT
- Pupil's age: 8 - 10
- Tools to be used: e-mail, Web publishing
- Aims: This project should enable the children to get to know their country and other countries in a special and intensive... read more
- Work process: 1. Prepare the mascot and the diary.
2. Exchange the mascots.
3. Take the mascot to lots of interesting, "typically German/Italian" places,... read more
- Expected results: Pupils will get to know other European countries and learn from other children what their life is like (e.g. school,... read more