The school where I teach is a school of a suburb area of Lisbon, our most important town. A place where different cultures live together. The class has portuguese students, an ucranian student, two brasilien, and a student which origin is Mozambique.
Near the school are living different comunities, with different traditions. It is important for the students from different places to have knowledge about our culture and it is important for the portuguese students to know more about other ways of life for a better relationship with the foreign students.
They are working in pairs, developing themes as: portuguese literature, portuguese gastronomy, portuguese national monuments, portuguese educational system,portuguese music (traditional and today's music), portuguese natural parcs, future dreams as european students, portuguese fashion, portuguese television programs, portuguese political system and portuguese religious traditions.
They are creating a mother blog with informations about them and the project and each pair will create a blog with access from the mother blog, about the theme they are developing.
Also, they can talk to exchange ideas at the etwinning chat.
They can also exchange symbols of each country.
- Subjects: Citizenship, Cross Curricular, Environmental Education, Ethics, European Studies, Foreign Languages, History, History of Culture, Informatics / ICT, Language and Literature, Music, Politics, Religion
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 13 - 15
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, Forum, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Web publishing
- Aims: To learn more about different traditions and different ways of life;
To develop students relationship;
To practise the english language;
To adquire the... read more
- Work process: Exchange of information about different traditions and different ways of life by the blog or powerpoint.
Exchange of mails and chat... read more
- Expected results: Different and creative works using different softwares.