Students will set coordinates (GPS) of schools and other geographical points, convert them to 3D XYZ coordinates, then to a plane. It will allow to discuss such mathematical problems as travelling salesman problem and four-color theorem, area and center of mass of polygon etc. Students will plan the trip around Europe including all points in the project and describe interesting places they would visit.
Collège les Eyquems, Merignac (France)
- Subjects: Art, Astronomy, Biology, Environmental Education, European Studies, Foreign Languages, Geography, Geology, History, History of Culture, Informatics / ICT, Language and Literature, Mathematics / Geometry, Natural Sciences
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 11 - 15
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Video conference, Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
- Aims: Students:
1. Use Maths skills and spatial imagination to solve new problems concerning common life and other subjects e.g. Geography.
2. Can join knowledge... read more
- Work process: Students' activities:
1. Log in to ning community, fill your page, add yourself to national group.
2. Let’s know each other - a chat... read more
- Expected results: 1. GoogleDocs documents
2. GoogleDocs presentations
3. GoogleDocs spreadsheets
4. Website in ning
5. Photos and other graphic files