Do you loike taking photos? I do! It’s a good way of saving your dearest memories about important moments in your life. As a teacher, I have recently discovered that my students share the same hobby, moreover some of them are really good at it. Almost all the educational projects have a photo section and there we upload pictures taken during our school activities. But taking photos is an art; one should learn some basic rules .
A photo makes you smile, or get a certain attitude: anger, delight, amazement, pity etc. There are also so many feelings a photo may express: love, care, happiness, fun etc.
Photograhpy is a means of education. It develops personal qualities sch as: observation, critisism, spontaneity, sense of art. It is also a good way of spending free time, to socialize. It’s not hard to take photos but it requires skills and learning process to know how to make the photo transmit the desired message.
This project is for all the teachers and students who want to share their hobby of taking digital photos and to improve their skills.
- Subjects: Art, Citizenship, Cross Curricular, Environmental Education, Foreign Languages, Geography, Informatics / ICT, Language and Literature, Media Education
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 11 - 14
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, Forum, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Project Diary, Twinspace
• to share feelings and attitudes towards various aspects of life ;
• to exchange information about the large varieties of ways of... read more• to share feelings and attitudes towards various aspects of life ;
• to exchange information about the large varieties of ways of taking photos and making an art out of it;
• to make goups of interests; to socialize;
• to engage students to express opinions and attitudes ;
• to stimulate creativity; discover and develop other skills;
• To dvelop love for the world around : the environment, the people, the animals ; to motivate the students to have proper attitudes towards all kind of situations;
• To make the children assume their responsibilities;
• To plan their free time;
• To develop non-violent attitudes and self esteem.
- Work process:
The students will share their experience on takinf photos and they will learn more about it. . They will speak... read moreThe students will share their experience on takinf photos and they will learn more about it. . They will speak on the e-mails, or forum about when, what, where they take photos , about how a photo can form attitudes, can speak for intself in a certain situatuion .
For the Image Gallery sections they will use only photos taken by themselves, by their teachers or parents- personal, original photos.
Activity 1: INTRODUCE YOURSELF / POSTCARDS FROM...-( October 2011)
- Argument: to let the students know about each other
- The students and teachers will complete the Personal profile( photo, interests, hobbies, favourite food etc)
- In the Pupils Corner they’ll exchange information about each other, post questions about the project, about taking photos, music, fashion etc.They’ll share opinions about what application they can use in order to accomplish this first task: making postcards. They will also speak about what the content of the postcard will be( their own portraits, or other relevant and suggestive images)
- ACTIVITY PAGE : An Image gallery with all the students’ cards ( the card will have a picture considered representative for this section: the student, or a photo in a place representative for the child. . They will use anu application to transform the photo into a postcard. They’ll write a „ Hello” message.
Activity 2: SNAPSHOTS FROM ACTIVITIES ( November 2011)
- Argument: There are a lot of extracurricular activities: projects, programs, contests. Their aim is to encourage students to collaborate, to develop skills, to put into practice what they’ve learnt during their classes. There are also a lot of possibilities to spend free time by doing a sport, being part of a team. Or singing, playing a musical instrument, making model airplanes etc.
- ACTIVITY PAGE – In the „ Wiki” Application the students and teachers will speak abot different activities at school or in the free time, espeacially those activities carried out in groups, not individually. The „ Image gallery” will contain photos from acctivities. Each photo will have a title .
Activity 3: POSTCARDS FROM EUROPE ( December, January 2012)
- Argument: We live in Europe and belong to a large commmunity of Europeans. There are so monay beautiful places our continent offers to the tourists. Also, there are many places to visit in owr own country. Many of us have visited his own countriy or other European countries.
- Activity page. On the Blog the students and teachers will talk, will ask questions and answer about the their countries and about other countries they’ve visited. The Image gallery will have two sections . The first, with photos from owr own country ( each school has a folder). The second , with photos from other countries( 1 folder for all schools) . Each photo will have a beautiful title
Activity 4:TAKE ATTITUDE! ( February 2012)
- Argument. In this section the schools will take civic attitude against a serios problem that affects the world, our life, or they will stand for positive attitudes. They’ll send messages about the environment, violence, homeless people ar animals, junk food etc.
- ACTIVITY PAGE. On the blog the schools will share opnions and speak about the subject. They will make an Image gallery with reprsentative photos and a message/slogan
Activity 5: PHOTOGRAPHY IS ART( March- April 2012)
- ARGUMENT. Photography is an art and a hobby. We all have a folder with favourite photos: either they are witnesses for a special moment or person, or the photo itself is special: a bug, a bee eye, a flower, a storm , a person etc) . seeng the details is very importnat and defines our personality.
- ACTIVITY PAGE. In the Image Gallery, the schools will put photos that represnt them and give them a beautiful title. In the Forum they’ll comment upon the photos .
Activity 6: GOOD BYE PHOTOS( May 2012)
- Argument: the project needs an evaluation and we think that in this section we could shoe how we worked on this project.
- ACTIVITY PAGE. Everybody wha participated in the project will write a message to the others saying good bye and expressing their opinions. The Image gallery will have photos taken during some activities with tis project
- Expected results:
• Attitude: we expect the students to become more responsible and promote civic attitudes, to observe the important details of life,... read more• Attitude: we expect the students to become more responsible and promote civic attitudes, to observe the important details of life, to take a new hobby for their free time, to learn to collaborate .
• Products: Photo galleries, Power Point Presentations, a school magazine