Project Description The Project “Let’s Meet" is a Comenius project for primary schools from 6 countries. Children will have the opportunity to freely express their feelings. They will share their impressions with each other and jointly solve tasks. Participants of the project will belong to various curriculum groups and each will have distinct roles to play. Teachers will create seven subject groups.
• Reporter Team: will work collect and produce information about their school/city/country. They will write for their school newspapers/newsletters, local newspapers and our shared website.
• Science Team: will explore and describe a part of their local ecosystem ( e.g. a park, school garden or forest) The group will design a mathematical didactic game based on native plants they have discovered. (NB It is OK if countries chose the same plants as this illustrates our ecological similarities)
• Video Team: will prepare a “movie” which describes our project work.
• Art Team: will make artistic works connected to the topics “Christmas” and “Our Ancient Region” . There is a third topic the subject of which is to be decided at a later date.
• Eat-Well-Team: will present methods and ways to promote healthy eating.
• PE-Team: will prepare work for three separate sporting events. The first; a winter Olympic event idea, the second; a running race and the third; team games typically played in each country.
• ICT-Team: will prepare a digital glossary to support each of the above activities. This team will also work closely with the Reporting Team and is jointly responsible for promoting our partnership and our activities in the media.
Each group will work for two years on their task and systematically share their achievements to people involved in the project. In addition children and teachers will meet in each school. During these meetings they will share ideas and adapt the project to their needs (i.e. subject matter, age group, abilities etc.) Learners will learn how to use various techniques to communicate information about their communities and countries. Learners and teachers will work collaboratively.
- Subjects: Art, Biology, Citizenship, Cross Curricular, Drama, Environmental Education, European Studies, Foreign Languages, Geography, Health Studies, History, History of Culture, Informatics / ICT, Language and Literature, Mathematics / Geometry, Media Education, Music, Physical Education, Primary School Subjects, Special Needs Education, Technology
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 4 - 11
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Video conference, Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
- Aims: Children will have the opportunity to freely express their feelings. They will share their impressions with each other and jointly... read more
- Work process: THERE ARE 7 ANALOGOUS ACTIVITY GROUPS IN EACH PARTNER SCHOOL CONSISTING OF PUPILS AND TEACHERS:
• Reporter Team: will work collect and... read more
- Expected results: The schools will develop an understanding of themselves and their place in Europe. The particpants will develop their understanding of... read more