We want to be involved in international cooperation for a lot of reasons. In the first place the knowledge of foreign languages facilitates contacts without which one cannot function in the contemporary world. Therefore the support of foreign language learning constitutes a perfect civilization investment which favours cognitive interest and openness to new knowledge and
A fluent use of foreign languages facilitates learning about other countries, people and their cultures. communication in other languages, namely direct contact, undermines stereotypes and abolishes prejudice, so supporting language and communication skills is an effective means of paving the way for goodwill and cooperation. We can convince our pupils of tolerance and democracy and we can show how bad is racism more effectively and intensely. What is more we can integrate materials from different subjects and requires modern means, promoting IT and complying with content and language integrated learning (CLIL) and we can compare them and exchange with partner school. Teachers get acquainted with the possibilities of action under European Educational programs.
Our project’s title is: FIGHT RACISM PROMOTE TOLERANCE
First we will talk with children about the tolerance and racism. Attraction for children will be watching films and talking about the problem ( it will be our film festival where Polish and Slovak pupils will discus and vote for the best film about tolerance and racism)
They’ll do the top list of the books where tolerance and racism problem exists:
And it will be a good start for our children to write their own stories but in a way that Slovak students will start a story and Polish will finish, and in other way.
We as teachers on the examples of their stories will do some projects of the lessons with tolerance chain (children write names on the elements of the chain and it’s mean that they are involved and included), at the end we will do an Children European Parliament where children will discuss what to do for better world.
- Subjects: Citizenship, Ethics, Foreign Languages, History of Culture, Informatics / ICT, Social Studies / Sociology
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 10 - 12
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Web publishing
- Aims: Our aims are:
- in a whole school assembly, teachers explain the tolerance and racism, show films, read books explaining the... read more
- Work process: September – exchanging ideas about the project – email contact with partner school, starting web page
October - February – film... read more
- Expected results: Our outcomes of the project will be children’s book and web page with their stories and teachers plan lessons, top... read more