Our two schools are located in quite different areas – rural German village school and urban multi-ethnic English school – and the pupils are from totally different backgrounds. Through this project we aim for students at our two schools to really get to know each other and regularly share experiences with one another about their lives. Sharing their experiences will also increase our pupils’ competence and confidence in using and understanding the Foreign Language they are learning at school (ther partners' mother tongue). Pupils in each school will post half their information in their mother tongue, for their partners to listen to and read, and half in the Foreign Language to practise their own Foreign Language skills. The authentic, first-hand information posted by the pupils will give a real, truthful insight into the lives of the pupils in each country and will provide valuable teaching and learning resources for the partner school. Work produced by pupils will have a genuine readership through the TwinSpace. We have devised a programme to ensure a wide range of topics/experiences are covered over the length of the project by different age groups.
- Subjects: Citizenship, Cross Curricular, Foreign Languages, History, Informatics / ICT, Media Education, Religion, Social Studies / Sociology
- Languages: DE - EN
- Pupil's age: 10 - 16
- Tools to be used: Chat, e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Twinspace, Video conference
- Aims: We aim for students to become more confident and competent in the use of the Foreign Language (German/English).
We aim for... read more
- Work process: At all stages pupils and teachers at both schools will be equally involved with preparing and using the authentic teaching... read more
- Expected results: Pupils will form good relationships with their German/English peers and gain knowledge of the partner country and communities. Pupils will... read more