Barnaby Bear will travel to various schools to celebrate his birthday. Each class will celebrate his birthday reflecting how birthdays are celebrated in their culture i.e. creating birthday cards, recording and singing Happy Birthday in native language, hosting a birthday party, engaging in flash meetings/virtual classroom with the other classes explaning how they celebrated Barnaby's birthday. This project will be six weeks in duration. Participating classes can prepare the materials with their class, then share in the twinspace and look at and respond to how other countries have celebrated. It will be for children aged 4-6 years. It is hoped at the end of the project that each class could host a multicultural birthday party incorporating elements of each culture to celebrate Barnaby's birthday.
- Subjects: Art, Citizenship, Cross Curricular, Drama, European Studies, Informatics / ICT, Language and Literature, Music, Pre-school Subjects, Primary School Subjects
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 4 - 6
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, Forum, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Project Diary, Twinspace, Video conference, Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...)
- Aims: That the children will share their expereinces of celebrating birthdays in their culture.
That the children will learn about how... read more
- Work process: It is intended that the first two weeks of the project (20th February to 5th March) will be spent developing... read more
- Expected results: It is hoped that at the end of the project the children will have learned about how birthdays are celebrated... read more