Introducing our national and riligious holidays will help the children recognise cultural diversities and different values of different countries. The general aim of this project is to develop children's awareness of their own countries' national and religious holidays and the cultural differences among the cooperating countries. A calender about these holidays will be constituted and then children will create projects presenting certain holidays in this calender (e.g. All Saints' Day, Christmas, The day of their First Communion, The Ramadan Feast, etc) . They will be presented in the form of a multimedia presentation later (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint) and sent via the Internet to the 'partner schools'. Any other forms of cooperation as, for example, writing letters about the children's everyday life etc are also welcome.
- Subjects: Foreign Languages, History of Culture, Language and Literature, Religion
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 12 - 15
- Tools to be used: Forum, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Project Diary, Twinspace
- Aims: To develop cultural awareness, language skills, fluency and learning about differences and similarities of various holiday celebrations.
- Work process: Students work in groups and then present the holidays according to the calender.
- Expected results: The students will like this kind of activity. They will be more motivated to learn about their own country and... read more