BoW is an Etwinning/Comenius project: we decided to put Comenius and eTwinning together since we needed a safe e-space where our students and colleagues could meet regularly, work together and make friends. We also thought of eTwinning as the ideal space for the development, documentation and dissemination of BoW's activities and results. The project is centered on the image of WATER. BoW addresses the topics of protection of the environment, knowledge and respect of ourselves and others, understanding of differences in geographic, ethnic and social terms.
All of our school have to face issues connected with immigration and the sense of diversity: we want our students to understand that all of them have been, and will be, both "hosts" and "guests" at some stages of their lives. Water is path that brings visitors, tourists, friends, etc.
We will deal with these topics through the creation of a ’guide book’ between partners, which will be made by the students of the partner schools. The special feature of the book lies in the fact that not only the students who live in the given town will present their place of residence, but all the children who take part in the project will write about their partners' towns. In this way, all of our countries will be introduced by the natives' and the foreigners' point of view. Because we are all natives, and all foreigners, and we all can be seen from many different perspectives.
- Subjects: Art, Citizenship, Design and Technology, Environmental Education, Foreign Languages, Geography, History, Informatics / ICT, Language and Literature, Mathematics / Geometry, Music, Natural Sciences, Physical Education, Pre-school Subjects, Primary School Subjects, Social Studies / Sociology, Technology
- Languages: EN - ES - HU - IT - TR
- Pupil's age: 5 - 14
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, Forum, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Project Diary, Twinspace, Video conference, Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
- Aims: Our aims are for both pupils and teachers:
- get to know more about ourselves and our partners, about our own... read more
- Work process: All activities have been discussed and shared in the planning of the project. During the two years, teachers and students... read more
- Expected results: We hope we will reach all of our aims, as well as manage to involve actively families and local communities.
We... read more