This project aims to encourage students and teachers from 16 countries to work together on a topic important to them all: "Traditions". Intercultural education begins with common things and values, valorizing then those singularities of the people. The cultural beauty comes from the diversity. The traditions express the values, strength and the mark of the people in the best way. The relationship and tolerance among people grows up with knowing and understanding the traditional values of the other. The school, as a temple of knowledge, can become an intercultural footbridge in the modern Europe. The spirit of intercultural communication, pupils nearby the teachers and supported by parents, can valorize those traditional elements (songs, dances, costumes, literary compositions, folk theatre, fine arts). The students and teachers will be stimulated to develop their language skills, their research, organizational and social skills as well as their artistic and creative abilities, by registering legends from popular artists, translating them into English or from English into their language and then recomposing them into story books, illustrating them, gathering recipes, translating into English and structuring them into cookery books, realizing presentations, calendars, exchanging e-mail or talking in chat rooms with their partners. This collaboration will result in a calendar, marking the traditional holidays of the partners, in a brochure which will describe the holidays and a cookery book which will contain recipes for traditional dishes of the partners, translated into English. There will be a book containing one popular legend from each partner, translated into English and all the languages of the partners.
- Subjects: European Studies, Foreign Languages, Geography, History, Language and Literature, Music
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 4 - 18
- Tools to be used: Audio conference, Chat, e-mail, MP3, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Video conference, Virtual learning environment (communities, virtual classes, ...), Web publishing
- Aims: The objectives of the project are: - to make students conscious of the importance and of the uniqueness of their... read more
- Work process: The students and teachers will be stimulated to develop their language skills, their research, organizational and social skills as well...... read more
- Expected results: Leaflets created by each partner National calendars illustrated with pictures or drawings and having marked the traditional popular holidays National... read more