The project will be developed during 1st of March – 31st of May 2009. As a general theme for this project, we intend to use folk motifs. The children involved have 3-7 years. In March, each group of children will make spring trinkets, cards and presents for International Mother’s Day (8th of March). In order to have a better understanding of our national traditions, and of the spiritual values of our people, the next step of the project will be to make a visit, with the children, to the Ethnography Museum of Brasov. There they will have the possibility to observe artifacts with folk motifs, different types of national costumes and many more. During the first half of April, we will have specific activities, preparing for Easter ( Easter cards, decorating Easter eggs, Easter eggs holders….). In the second half of April and the first half of May, children will be initiated in the art of glass painting, and, we intend to focus on religious icons painted on glass, because it’s a national tradition.
- Subjects: Art, Cross Curricular, History of Culture, Music, Pre-school Subjects, Religion
- Languages: EN
- Pupil's age: 4 - 7
- Tools to be used: e-mail, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings), Web publishing
- Aims: Through this project, we want to develop the children’s capacity of knowing and understanding national customs and traditions, specific for... read more
- Work process: The aims will be reached through indoor and outdoor activities, in partnership with the Ethnography Museum, and with an art... read more
- Expected results: In May, there will be organized a folk celebration with poems, folklore songs, folk dance, and an exhibition will be... read more